Our University has a proven reputation for financial stability and prudent management of resources. We view sound fiscal management as key to ensuring the value of your degree.
- UNE is Maine's largest private university.
- We have an A3 rating from Moody's Investor Services and an A+ credit rating from Fitch Ratings
- Our annual operating budget of nearly $250 million supports three campuses and six colleges.
- We have re-invested $100 million into campus and program enhancements in the past five years.
Committed to Affordability
of Undergraduate students receive merit-based scholarships
average total award package for our students
awarded annually in institutional scholarships
A SOUND INVESTMENT IN EDUCATION
As you consider the cost of higher education, it is worthwhile to also consider the return you receive on your investment. At UNE, we believe your degree should be valuable and enduring.
UNE has been included in the 2022 edition of The Princeton Review’s Best 386 Colleges guide. This highly selective list includes only the top 15% of four-year colleges and universities in the U.S. We've also been recognized in U.S. News & World Report and MONEY® Best Colleges lists.
This recognition translates to student success.
- Zippia ranks UNE first in Maine for graduates getting jobs.
- The Brookings institution ranked UNE first among Maine universities and colleges for its ability to increase students’ career earnings.
- Surveys of 2016-2020 graduates show that 92% were employed or continuing higher education within a year of graduating.
- Our student loan default rate of 2.5% is significantly lower than the averages in Maine (9.7%) and nationally (10.1%).
With a UNE diploma, manageable college expenses, and our commitment to partnering with you and your family, you are well equipped for the transition you will make after college.